Great show tonight, a little off but in some ways this made it a unique experience that kept all of us on our toes. Great/fun audience too. It is always wonderful to share the stage and this experience with people who understand the part of you that draws you to this in the first place. Shared some stories after the show last night of getting 'that look' when you share with others that you perform in shows. It is in these moments where it becomes evident that what we love is not necessarily shared or understood by everyone. This understanding becomes a bonding experience for cast/crew and sets people at a certain comfort level from the onset of creating musical theater. I have found that there's a pull to live life very traditionally and yet this has never been something I've ever felt would be completely fulfilling so I've opted for somewhat of a balance. This balance is very difficult to keep in check but well worth the effort. I am very comfortable with the side of myself that loves the process of creating theater and art and the older I get seem to be embracing this side of myself even more. It is this part of me that really sees the world and experiences around me vs. the structured day-to-day monotony which can suck the life out of you. I love the new relationships that develop during a show and rekindled friendships that blossom further, pure magic.
Next weekend is the last weekend and it always makes me sad to see a show come to an end. I still miss Wild Party and that was a year ago. Of course, that was an experience that transcended itself off stage as well and therefore was a bit life changing. There's something deep in all of us that we took away from being a part of a show that asked some dark emotions to be channeled unselfishly every night. In contrast, this show has been pure joy and giddiness. It is an added bonus that audiences and reviewers alike are finding joy and fun in this show as well. Looking forward to the show tonight, friends and family in the audience plus a great pre-sale to get us psyched up for a good crowd to share in the hilarity that is Two Gentelmen of Verona.
No comments:
Post a Comment