bonnie and clyde

bonnie and clyde

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Getting in the Swing of Things

So we are in the 2nd week of rehearsals (2 music rehearsals and 1 dance down) and it always takes me some time to get into the swing of the schedule. For one, I moved a year and a half ago and though my new location is closer to the theater where the show will be performed it is quite a distance further than the .5 miles I used to live from St. Mark's. Because of this, I need to make the decision as to whether or not a trip home after work makes sense or is reasonable. Tonight is one of those 'go straight from work' nights. Not a big deal but it does require me to 'pack' everything I need for the rest of the day making sure I don't forget my script/music, recorder, toothbrush etc. In addition to my schedule this is also the time to start accepting the changes that will slowly (or not so slowly) start taking shape in my house. This is the part that probably causes me the most anxiety. Now, I would not consider myself a clean freak (my threshold for true clean freak is pretty high given my family)however I do like a clean house. We have been gutting our basement for the past 8 months and this disastrous process puts more pressure on the cleaning of the upstairs. I can't stand clutter and with my absence the clutter etc seems to start winning. This is where self talk comes in handy, 'Mara, it's alright - it's just clutter and there will be time to handle it later, maybe later isn't today but that's OK too.' It just takes time to allow this inside voice some control. I am confident I will get there and the tradeoff is so great being that I've left each rehearsal thus far so excited about where we are going.

Let's talk dance rehearsal, how fantastic. I felt great that night and the next like my body was thankful to have had the opportunity to REALLY stretch (thank you, Robin). Can't wait to get into the meat of the choreography, these are fast songs so it will take a lot of work to get this together and dance as a group.

No comments:

Post a Comment