The first rehearsal for New Line Theatre's The Wild Party is quickly approaching and I couldn't be more excited about it. I've been listening to the music and have been swept away by its energy. I am particularly excited about this show. The characters, the music, the musical numbers and physicality of the dancing all bring challenges that will enhance this journey for me personally and the cast as a whole. Speaking of cast, I couldn't be more excited to begin working with this cast. I have had the pleasure of knowing several of these talented people for quite some time and others, who I don't know as well, whose work I have greatly admired.
The evolution of creative elements, introspective discovery that happens exploring a character and watching the characters around me develop are just a few reasons why I love this process so much. There have been times where I've questioned whether or not I'll be able to distance myself enough from my day-to-day existence to allow the focus necessary to find what I need inside me to give to the process. I am comforted in knowing that though the stress of a given day may enter a rehearsal with me, in the midst of the creative process, find it is gone within moments.
Let The Wild Party begin!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment