bonnie and clyde

bonnie and clyde

Sunday, September 28, 2014

It's OPENING WEEK, Too Late To Turn Back Now

Not that we would even consider turning back because we are SOOOO ready to share this show with the world!!! Tech week began yesterday with cue-to-cue and it went very smoothly given Rob's tireless effort weeks/days before to have things programmed as much as possible. The lights and sound effects are very cool.  I loved watching the stage transition from one location to the other with the push of a few buttons and how the hue of color compliments the temperament of a song or scene. It's exciting to have the set designer also create the lighting design, makes for a synergistic vision from the start. When you couple that vision with amazing technical talent it's sure to be a success and a gift to witness in creation.

Today was sitzprobe, our first run through with the band and it was AWESOME!!! Knowing several of these musicians personally, I knew before a bow brushed a string, a finger touched a keyboard or the sound of percussion resonated through the theater that this was going to be a good day. All this talent with the direction of Jeffrey Carter has complete success written all of over it.  I haven't worked with Jeffrey before and am grateful to now.  His precision and commitment to making the music tight and solid provides even more motivation to work together to deliver just that. He has an amazing ear and backs up what he sees and hears with the necessary feedback to bring out the best in those he's working with, I thank him for that.

I love watching shows grow, morph and develop through the process.  Having Jeffrey at the keyboard has allowed Scott to be even more focused on the details that bring his direction to life. It is a beautiful experience to watch him stop a scene to change an inflection, objective and/or motivation for the words, lyrics or actions coming from the characters on stage.  It's these nuances that put the personalized stamp on a production and will differentiate it from future stagings of the show.  I am so intrigued to hear from audience members given that this show and music are probably less familiar to the general public. It will be quite interesting to get their feedback experiencing this rendition of this story for the first time. I'm excited for this week and proud of what will be shared with our audiences once those lights go up for the first time come Thursday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment